Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dear Russians ..

.. I honestly admire your courage standing up against your more or less authoritarian system covering under the coat of democracy. Even after the Soviet times some powers still cling to the overcome myth of a strong leadership which absolutely doesn't fit anymore in our times. Especially the corruption and intransparency included which lead to injustice are worth to fight against.

I know that you will protest again for a modern Russia on Feb 4. Expecting much of you out in the streets of Moscow, Sankt Peterburg and other cities I've a special request:

The frustration of the Syrians during the last ten months of uprising against the dictator al-Assad is mounting in shout-outs and chants which appear at first sight anti-Russian. I'm not really happy about it because the anger is only turned towards your regime, not against you as Russians. I'm confident that you will understand their rage not taking it personal feeling insulted as nation. As a sign of solidarity I like to see on at least one of your coming protests - if it is possible - the Syrian independence flag.




It would send a strong signal (stronger than all rethoric signals the world's powerful have send up to now) to those strggling not only with economic problems but being simply threatened to life. 

Every day. 

Every hour. 

Every minute.

Watching those horrible images has changed not only my personal view, it has changed my life. My home country doesn't know war since nearly seven decades, a fact me and my fellowmen are truly grateful for. But the disgusting injustice in other regions of the world can't leave us untouched.

The amazing year 2011 has taught us the people can be one against the global leading elites and the people can change something. As our understanding for your demands has become especially the last months a better one I'm sure you have in the meantime a similar if not equal understanding for the critical situation of the Syrians under the Assad regime. It's a tragedy which has to end immediately and therefore avery kind of support for Bashar al-Assad has to be stopped.

I'm counting on your comprehension and wish you all the best for your own liberation of regime remnants still letting shine the Russian nation politically in a sinister light.

Sincerely yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment