Wednesday, April 11, 2012

An Open Prayer

God, I'm grateful that You are giving me the strength to endure unimaginable images since nearly a year now.

I'm grateful not having lost my mind in that time. Grateful that I'm still able to reflect and select what I'm witnessing via the new media.

I'm not asking why You let us human beings do that to each other. Being both half angel half beast it is our decision to which side we will tend during our voyage called life.

Some among us have decided to follow their inner beast causing a thousand and more times pain and suffer to others among us.

We who are striving for our inner angel are worrying about all the innocent victims this trace of darkness causes. We who believe in moral values like freedom, justice and equality are often left speechless behind after witnessing the crimes against humanity our own fellow human beings are committing.

Left behind feeling angry.
Left behind feeling powerless.
Left behind feeling exhausted.

But with Your mercy we are able to withstand the temptation of evil by not becoming as those who are responsible for their deeds as we all are responsible for our deeds. With Your mercy we are able to resist our own inner beast the other inner beasts among us are trying to evoke with their words and deeds.

And with Your mercy we are able to perceive the flame of light even in the darkest chapters of our experience.

God, I'm grateful for the faults and the talents You gave me on my way. Grateful for the insight to rely on Your immenseness. Grateful for Your guidance.

Insh'Allah.
Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment