Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Straight Simple Question

Another massacre. This time in Daraya, Damascus. At least two hundred martyrs, killed on the streets while running away, killed sitting behind the steering wheel, countless dead bodies whereever you look.

No, there aren't any words to lose about that because no words appear in the meantime more honest than the usual empty-felt phrases of deep concernment, consternation, dismay, sadness, shock.

All those five words have a same meaning in German: Betroffenheit. Always I hear it here from our representatives I've got the strong feeling that they only want to cover teir helplessness.

I've full understanding for the Syrians all over the world complaining about the inactivity resulting from the felt helplessness nearly resigning to beg for international help. Until today the cries for help obviously didn't reach the global powerful who became astonishingly active helping to topple one dictator - Ghaddafi - but hesitating rigorously in the case of toppling the other dictator - Assad.

So let me try to put in in my own words to demand global support:

To the international community's representatives,

I'm addressing myself to you both as a European citizen not directly being affected from the violent occurences in Syria and as a human directly being affected from the violent occurences in Syria calling many Syrians my friends and all Syrians my human being fellows.

Since nearly one and a half years I'm witnessing abnormous crimes against humanity committed by a meanwhile illegitimate regime and I'm asking you straight forward what you're gonna do to stop the ongoing bloodshed.

The number of martyrs increased from massacre to massacre and the total amount of victims is exponentially growing. All I witnessed regarding token actions from your side was to impose sanctions, the most effective of all of your efforts, to found contact groups, to launch task forces and to hold crisis conferences after sending different monitors' missions.

So what you're gonna do as next?

Please explain to me your next steps how to stop effectively the murder machine in Syria. In the case you aren't able to explain it to me because you don't even have a plan or an idea of it then tell it also straight forward. That would give me the chance to ask further why you don't have a plan or idea and where it might lack of.

In both cases I like you to explain me the actual situation in words I'm able to understand. So please do not use the usual common grounds you spread in your speeches referring to less dramatic incidents.

As a citizen being part of the democratical process electing you as representatives and most of all as a human being I'm exercising my right of becoming informed. I'm no longer satisfied with the typical Betroffenheit and all the related gestures not really expressing growing trust in you and your actions.

All I do is to ask you a straight simple question expecting a simple straight answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment